It’s grapefruit season!
There’s just so many things you could do with grapefruit. From sweet treats of brown sugar on grapefruits to cakes, muffins, chutneys, jams and juices.
With abundance supply, I got a bit creative and created a one-pot Grapefruit Chicken with Orzo Pasta for dinner.
2 grapefruits (one for marinate and one for cooking)
800g Chicken nibbles (or 10 drumsticks) approximately
2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 onion (chopped into pieces)
Garlic salt seasoning
1 tablespoon of Butter for frying
150 gm Orzo Pasta
Celery leaves/parsley for topping (optional)
- Grate the grapefruit and juice it.
- Marinate chicken with the juice of one grapefruit and brown sugar together with the rind of grapefruit a couple of hours before or overnight.
- Slice the other grapefruit into circular pieces.
- Heat the pan and add the butter.
- Add the chopped onion and marinated chicken.
- Add a dash of garlic salt seasoning to…
View original post 91 more words