The above pictures were my two sessions of sushi making. The top few pictures were sushi for lunch last week and the other for dinner tonight together with my own recipe of potato balls. You would have thought I was cooking for the whole family but the truth is I was cooking for one. That does not stopped me going for varieties. The good thing is some friends from work get to enjoy a pack homemade lunch gifted with free delivery. I love cooking as much as eating. My homemade meals are always wholesome with sides and main.
Sharing my homemade potato recipe. This is a non greasy recipe and healthier than most deep fried version. I microwave the potatoes rather than boiling them.
CARROT, SWEETCORN, POTATO BALLS by Little Borneo Girl
Preparation time 15 mins, baking time 25-30 mins (Total 45 mins)
Serves 4 as entree or sides
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon chicken seasoning
Sprinkle garlic salt (to taste)
A dash of mixed herbs
grated cheese (a small handful)
Small piece of butter
1 teaspoon of turmeric power or chilli powder (optional)
1. Cut potatoes into small pieces. Add a little salt. Add a small piece of butter.
2. Put all in a microwaveable rice cooker (or any microwaveable container with lid covered but not completely). Microwave for 10 minutes or till soft enough to marsh.
3. Cut carrot and onion into small pieces and grind in electric chopper/grinder.
4. If the corn kernels are frozen, add into the potato at the last minute to defrost.
5. Mash potatoes (it is alright to mash it together if the sweetcorn kernels are already added, let it cool a little.
6. Mix the onion and carrots mixture together with the potato mash (and sweetcorn).
7. Add all seasonings.
8. Spoon and shape into a slightly longish shape with finger tips. Do not squeeze.
9. Roll into breadcrumbs.
10. Grease baking tray and place in preheated over 180 degrees C for 25-30 mins max. The balls should come out yellow to very light brown, not too brown.
11. Cool slightly.
12. Eaten with mayonnaise or aioli. Makes excellent entree. Enjoy !