What would it take for you to consider yourself a “successful blogger”? Is that something you strive for?Photographers, artists, poets: show us EFFORT.
I had never intended to be a blogger. In my quest to write my life story and discovering WordPress as the platform, I guess I ended up being a blogger, not by choice but by chance. The choice was to write my autobiography and the chance is when being exposed to the blogging community, my trend of thoughts flow and my writing extended to anything and everything of interest that goes on around me. Interesting.
Do I consider myself a successful blogger?
To me, a successful blogger is
1. Someone who has reached 1,000 followers AND
2. Someone who has a blog that generates at least 150 views daily whether or not there is a new post published for the day AND
3. Someone who does not spend more than couple of hours per day on WordPress (or any other blogging sites). Bonus time of an additional hour is given for a post limited to maximum of three per week.
Is that something I strive for?
I am an ordinary woman, a mother, a daughter and a friend. I am not a writer (other than a blogger) and I do not necessarily want all my time to be spent in front of a computer hence if I can meet all those three attributes, I can then call myself a successful blogger in my own right. It is an effort to be disciplined that I do not neglect the outside world.
To achieve this success is indeed a huge effort. I have a long way to go yet as
1. I am far from the target.
2. This may happen if I have 1,000 followers although I am getting there, fingers crossed.
3. This is probably the hardest. I seemed to be addicted to WordPress and it’s now past midnight. A successful blogger does not need to sit and wait for Daily Prompt which only pops up on her screen at the stroke of midnight!
IF I CAN ACHIEVE ALL THESE THREE ATTRIBUTES, YES DEFINITELY I WOULD WANT TO STRIVE TO BE THAT SUCCESSFUL BLOGGER.